Getting Started with Detection on Demand integration with Zapier

I’m trying to integrate Google Docs with the Detection on Demand API. What is the easiest way to invoke the API? Do I want to do a Zapier code snippet and invoke it via python? Or is there a simpler type of action I can call to get the same effect?

The cool thing about the Zapier platform is that your Zaps on their platform do not need to be invoked by you (or your code). On Zapier, you can have them run based on a trigger (an event).

In your case, you would want to select Google Docs as your trigger application and “New File” as your trigger event. From there, just follow Zapier’s guided workflow to finish your Zap.

If you don’t want to write any code then a platform like Zapier is a good way to go. If you’re looking to do a deeper integration via code then you will be looking to use RESTful-type requests to integrate the API into your code. If you’re using Python, we’ve actually started a Python client library to make getting started faster. You can check it out here: https://fireeye.dev/docs/python-client-library

Let me know if this helps!

We’re also writing up a detailed example guide for building a Zap and will post that in our guides shortly!

I was looking over your post again and I see now what it is you were requesting. The follow-up action you are looking to use on Zapier is called “Webhook by Zapier” which will allow you to make CRUD operations (GET, POST, PUT, etc.).

Let me know if this helps!